Saturday 14 May 2016

Wanderlust Week20: Assemblage with Finnabair!

I was so looking  forward to this lesson with Finnabair! I've always wanted to learn how she builds up her textures and colours. It was a totally awesome introductory lesson and I'm happy with my first attempt. I didn't have many embellishments available, so I just used what I could find: ribbons, beads, metal charms, wooden die-cuts, glass pebbles. The skulls are plastic beads and the vials are the empty glass containers for my microbeads. I've also stuck down some pieces of punchinella for additional texture and there's even a piece of paper doily in there. Here's a picture of what my assemblage looked like before I painted over it, so you can see all the elements. This is on a 12" X 9" canvas, which I recycled from an earlier project.


And here it is with black gesso added along the edges and over the elements:



I didn't have any black gesso, so I mixed black acrylic paint with clear gesso and it worked just fine. I used Lumiere metallic paints and my own home made glimmer mist to add shimmer. Here's my final project:




















I love this technique and I will definitely try it again later. I first need to collect lots more dimensional elements, though. Old watches would be cool! I think I saw people sell old watch parts on Ebay, so off I go! Thanks for visiting. I'll be back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.